On going thread Created by BigVDawgy
Note that this could brick your Storm. Its probably better to just call VZW CS and get the unlock code
"The MFI Multiloader tool has crawled up from the underground, offering free software unlocking of your 8000 or 9000-series BlackBerry device. Simply download the 800 MB-worth of files from Rapidshare, install the app, run your Desktop Manager, upgrade your OS, and voila! Now you can use any SIM card in your BlackBerry. Just make sure your vendor.xml file is deleted in the apploader folder, Desktop Manager 188.8.131.52 is installed, and you have your OS properly installed. This is ideal for those hankering to use the BlackBerry Storm (either 9500 or 9530) on their existing GSM
Now, the legal banhammer may be coming down on this one right quick, so better get downloading, and even consider a premium 3-day account on Rapidshare to get these files fast. This also justy a teensy, tiny bit shady, so go through it all at your own risk. I’ll be trying this on my Bold presently, and will let you all know how it goes! [SW-BOX via ZonaBlackBerry] Full instructions and screenshots after the jump!
- Download and install Microsoft NET Framework 2.0
- Download and install Blackberry desktop manager v184.108.40.206
- Download and install Blackberry Operating System
- Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
- Download and install MFI Multiloader.
- Open MFI Multiloader shortcut on your PC and wait until shows up as:
- Then your phone should be like this on screen:
- Open Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC and read how to update/reinstall BlackBerry Operating System explained below. How To update/ReInstall BlackBerry Operating System ? Connect your device to your computer. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. Click Application Loader. Click Start in Add/Remove Applications or Update Applications. If necessary, perform the following actions: If the Device Security Password dialog box appears, type your device password. Click Next. If the Communication Port Selection dialog box appears, specify a communications port. Click Next. Click Next. Perform any of the following actions: To add an application that appears in the list, select the check box beside the application. To add an application that does not appear in the list, click Browse. Double-click an application loader (.alx or .ali) file. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Congratulations, your BlackBerry unlock is done for free! You can now replace your SIM and memory card and set up your phone the way you like it.